Monday, April 1, 2013

NaPoWriMo no:1- Lamppost

Since I was born in April (14th April, in case you want to know) and I love poetry so much, I've decided to participate in a project called "NaPoWriMo" (National Poetry Writing Month) in which you have to compose a poem each day for a month. Cool, huh? For more information on "NaPoWriMo", please go to http://www.napowrimo.net/.

Here's my poem for today:




Lamppost

Standing still, shivering,
I could not wring the coldness,
Under the unlighted lamppost,
No humans' breath but mine.
The streetlights are luminous,
Ablaze with prolific light,
The infinite radiance,
While I am standing still, watching,
The darkness, roaming,
Pervading the lamppost of mine.
The movement is not chained,
The freedom is in my hand,
To taste the bountiful
Heated light of others.
But yet,
I am standing still,
Under the unlighted lamppost,
Sealing my eyes,
With hope. 

-Nuruljannah-

No comments:

Post a Comment